Blogger is one of the most popular blogging platforms, which is why many bloggers recommend it. Guide to Setup Custom Domain in Blogger with Namecheap
Blogger is one of the most popular blogging platforms, which is why many bloggers recommend it. It's a lot easier to use because it doesn't require any kind of coding or PHP knowledge. It's also free to use because we don't have to pay for hosting; all we need is a domain.
If you don't want to buy a domain, you may still use the free "blogspot.com" domain, but buying one would not only make you look more professional, but it will also improve your SEO (Search Engine Optimization).
Namecheap is one of the largest domain registrars, and most people trust them for the high-quality service they provide.
As a result, in this article, we'll teach you how to use Namecheap to set up a custom domain in Blogger.
What exactly is Namecheap?
Namecheap is a domain registrar that also offers high-quality web hosting. They are known for offering excellent service anytime it is required, and they have a 24/7 support team that is always willing to assist.
As a Namecheap customer, I've registered the most of my domains with them because I know they're seriously good at what they do and that's what everyone needs.
If you don't already have a professional custom domain, go to Namecheap and get one for as little as $10 per year, with security guard included for the first year.
What is a Blogger Custom Domain, and how do I get one?
When you start a free blog on blogger.com, your website's address normally includes a blogspot.com extension. If you're building a professional website, though, you won't want blogspot.com as part of your Website address.
As a result, you should consider purchasing a professional domain for your business or blog.
In order to link your domain to your blog, you need to take several simple steps:
BUY NAMECHEAP DOMAIN HERE (Get a 90% Discount for first time users)
2. Once you have added the domain, you will get two CNAME records that you need to configure along with the A records in your Namecheap account:
- Sign in to your Namecheap account.
- Select Domain List from the left navigation sidebar and click on the Manage button that appears in front of your domain name:
- Click on the Advanced DNS tab and find the Host records section, then click on the Add New Record button.
Here you will need to create 6 records for your domain:
- A Records for @ pointing to
- CNAME for www mapped to ghs.google.com
- CNAME with values provided in the Blogger account
3. Once all details are inserted, save them using the Save changes green icon.
It can take approximately 30 minutes for newly-created host records to take effect.
Once the settings are activated, repeat Step 1: Set up your domain in Blogger and follow Step 3 (optional): Redirect from the URL without subdomain to your blog’s URL as it is shown in this guide.